[Kea-users] DHCP4_CONFIG_LOAD_FAIL - "getNextRow failed" with MySQL

Carlos Carluccio carlos.carluccio at totalserversolutions.com
Tue Mar 19 09:54:55 UTC 2019

Robin, how you doing the insertion on the database? Because you should only add leases to a single kea server.  Sounds like the slave might be writing in the database too.

Is possible you share a dump of the database to see?

Carlos

On Mar 19, 2019 05:37, Robin Daermann <robin.daermann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
*** THIS EMAIL ORIGINATED OUTSIDE THE ORGANIZATION ***

Hi Jason,

On Thu, Mar 07, 2019 at 10:36:03AM -0500, Jason Guy wrote:
>I have had terrible issues with Mysql replication and anycast reachability.
>The problem may occurring when Kea writes to one server, which will
>propagate the changes to the other servers. If Kea then reads from the
>database, but perhaps the SQL connection lands on another host before the
>SQL replication is completed, it will cause issues.

I got around this specific issue with specifying

  slave-skip-errors = 1062

in the MySQL/MariaDB configuration. 1062 is "Duplicate Key error".

> I am about to change my
>database from mysql replication to a galera cluster. I think I will still
>continue to set the metric on each server advertising the anycast address
>to be selective for the primary/secondary/tertiary.

Since the last occurence of my problem, when I wrote the initial mail to
the list, the mentioned error never happened again. And we had lots of
configuration changes in the last two weeks (about 50). So I would
assume, that my problem got solved by simply deleting the lease
information from the database completely. It could definitely be, that I
screwed sometinh up during migration from standalone to replicated
database/anycast setup.

Thank you for listening to me.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Robin Därmann
(Network Operation Center RUB)

--
| Robin Därmann                             Network Operation Center |
| RS18625-RIPE                              Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum |