[Kea-users] 1.4 - limit subnet to static reservations/leases

Jason Guy jguy at cumulusnetworks.com
Thu Feb 14 15:05:35 UTC 2019

Keep in mind ifupdown2 is just a front-end for configuring the networking.
The actual DHCP client is dhclient. There is certainly a dhclient.conf you
can change, but do you want to do that on all clients? I just use the mac
address for linux machines, and client-id is the default for windows (as I
recall). I have not yet successfully made DHCPv6 relay return a static host
reservation, so I have not tested DUID with IPv6. My advice is use the mac
address and keep it simple. Seems unlikely to have MAC spoofing without
many other layer2 issues occurring. Just my opinion.

Cheers,
Jason