[Kea-users] Seffault Crash

Tomek Mrugalski tomasz at isc.org
Mon Feb 11 18:33:16 UTC 2019

On 11.02.2019 15:43, Justin Bail wrote:
> Over the weekend we had a segfault error that locked up the entire VM.
I've very sorry to hear that.

Can go to https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea/issues, click new
issue and select template bug_report and answer the questions there.

If you plan to attach anything you don't want to be publicly viewable,
make sure you the confidential checkbox.

> Background:
>
>   * Mysql backend on separate server
>   * ~300 leases total
>   * 3 months of up time
>   * ~4 host reservations
>   * Using Flex ID to change client ID to option 82 identifier
>   * Using DDNS to strip bad hostname characters
>   * Sql connection wait timer set to 10000
>   * Dhcp socket type set to udp
>       o Was RAW when issue occurred.
Thanks for sharing this information. That doesn't look like a
particularly stressful or complex configuration. When opening a bug
report, please also include the following crucial information:

- which kea version you used
- what OS (linux of bsd distro, which version)
- whether you compiled Kea from release tarball, got it from a package
or perhaps got source from git
- include your full config file (removing database passwords is
recommended).

This should be all covered by the bug_report template in gitlab.

> Segfault error from journctl:
>
> *Feb 09 01:49:03 harpy kernel: kea-dhcp4[12641]: segfault at 10 ip
> 00007fabaad99918 sp 00007fff8ff4b690 error 4 in
> libkea-dhcp++.so.8.0.0[7fabaad39000+fc000]*
Sadly, this information is useless if we don't have extra information.

Is there a core dump? If there is, please attach the core dump to the
bug report.

Thanks for reporting this issue,
Tomek Mrugalski
ISC