[Kea-users] ddns fails with powerDNS (Failed PreRequisites check)

Jason Guy jguy at cumulusnetworks.com
Wed Feb 6 17:03:26 UTC 2019

I am currently using Kea DDNS with TSIG to a powerdns 4.2 authoritative
server. If the TSIG string in the Kea-D2 config, matches the PDNS activated
TSIG key for the various domain-id's.

The other gotcha here is the Kea D2 uses the RFC4703 conflict resolution
strategy (by adding the DHCID records). In a lab environment, things that
can happen where you want to 'move things around' or some other unnatural
event, where the DDNS starts failing for an address because the previous
ownership exists in the PDNS database with the DHCID records. It would be
nice if there was a knob in kea-dhcp-ddns configuration to turn off the
creation of DHCID records.

HTH,
Jason