[Kea-users] Kea 1.5 with MySQL Cluster

Fernando Ruza Rodriguez fernandor at sescam.jccm.es
Mon Apr 29 10:41:57 UTC 2019

Hi again!

I've read in the kea 1.5.0 release notes:
https://ftp.isc.org/isc/kea/1.5.0/Kea150ReleaseNotes.txt the following:

**Configuration Backend design** - The Configuration Backend feature is
now planned for Kea 1.6.0. It will provide the ability to use a database as
a source of configuration information for the Kea DHCP servers. Even though
the Configuration Backend is not functional in the Kea 1.5.0 release, the
design for this feature was created and some basic elements implementing
this design are included in the current version. The most prominent change
is the update of the MySQL schema to include new tables, constraints and
indexes to be used by the Configuration Backend feature once it is
implemented. These elements are currently unused, but they will be created
in the existing database instances once the MySQL database is upgraded to
the version supported by Kea 1.5.0 release. The design of the Configuration
Backend is available at
https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea/wikis/designs/configuration-in-db-des
ign.

And I see in the "Kea Configuration Backend Design:
https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea/wikis/designs/configuration-in-db-design" that the both tables what I'm having problems with MySQL NDB cluster are for this Configuration Backend feature that it's not used by kea version 1.5.0 yet. So, Could I obviate these tables and keep engine to innodb in them and still use kea version 1.5.0 in MySQL NDB cluster ?? What do you think ??.

Thanks for any reply.

Regards, Fernando.