[Kea-users] Kea 1.5 Package Issues in Fedora Server 30

Brant Ian Stevens branto at sinewaveinc.io
Fri Apr 26 12:57:16 UTC 2019

> Hi,
Thanks for the quick response!!!  I was barely through the first half of
a cup of coffee before your reply popped in! :)

> This covers several things:
>
> 1. It requires the manual creation of directories for interprocess sync
> lockfile
> That's a valid concern. This looks like the same issue as reported here:
> https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea/issues/359
>
> There is also similar issue reported here:
> https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea/issues/538
>
> We hope to fix both of them in upcoming 1.6-beta.
538 looks to be the same issue. Glad to see it's on the roadmap.
> If they cover your problem, can you comment on one or both of them?
Will do.
> If
> not, can you open a new issue in out Kea gitlab:
> https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea/issues/new
>
> 2. It does not include all the previously-supported database backends,
> breaking the service upon upgrade from Fedora Core 29 Server.
>
> This is a packaging problem. Kea still does support MySQL, PostgreSQL
> and Cassandra backends. It seems the Fedora 29 packages were built with
> PostgreSQL and Fedora 30 were built without it.
I agree that it is packaging, and why I reported to Redhat.  I wanted to
include you on it, in case you had any interaction with the Fedora
team.  Without building all of the databases in with the next upgrade,
they will definitely break things.
> Note that the command switch passed to configure to enable specific
> backend was --with-dhcp-pgsql, --with-dhcp-mysql and it is now simpler
> --with-pgsql and --with-mysql. The older switches are obsolete now (they
> work, but there's a warning produced).
I'll admit to not wanting to build my own from source so I'll wait until
the new versions fix the build.  Looking forward to 1.6!!!