[Kea-users] Plans for kea on snapcraft?

Victoria Risk vicky at isc.org
Mon Apr 8 23:37:20 UTC 2019

> On Apr 8, 2019, at 2:04 PM, Stuart Taoro-Ahsin <staoro at wetafx.co.nz> wrote:
>
> Is there any plans on moving kea to snap?

Hi Stuart,

Are there any plans? No, but, as part of the Kea 1.6 milestone we are planning to create RPM and Debian packages to make Kea easier to install. See https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea/issues/425.

We do have a request for a Docker image (https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea/issues/559), which we added to 1.6 as a stretch goal.  We haven’t had any requests yet that I am aware of for SNAP packages. It is fine to ask on this list, but if you want to propose a new feature, it is good to open an issue in our issue tracker. If a bunch of other users also chime in on the request, it will help us understand the relative priority.  We don’t have snaps today for BIND either - and I thought they only worked for a few OSes.  Can you explain in the issue, why you prefer SNAPs to other package formats?

To open a new issue, go to: https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea/issues
You will have to make an account to participate on Gitlab.

Regards,

Victoria Risk
Product Manager
Internet Systems Consortium