[Kea-users] Updated plan for Kea 1.5 | EOL for Kea 1.3 in December 2018

Victoria Risk vicky at isc.org
Thu Oct 25 19:10:25 UTC 2018

Kea-users,

We decided last week to reorganize the contents of the upcoming Kea 1.5 release. We will have the following key features in Kea 1.5:

- Support for netconf, and YANG models (for details see https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea/wikis/designs/centralized-configuration-db-with-netconf <https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea/wikis/designs/centralized-configuration-db-with-netconf> and https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea/wikis/designs/netconf-requirements <https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea/wikis/designs/netconf-requirements>)
- Global host reservations
- Improved congestion control, with an optional subscriber-only hook for advanced tuning of the discard algorithm
- improvements to the High Availabiity feature
- Configuration backend design. We deferred the release of the ‘configuration in the database’ feature because we weren’t going to be ready with that feature. For design details, see: https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea/wikis/designs/configuration-in-db-design <https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea/wikis/designs/configuration-in-db-design>
- a new premium hook, for managing client classification

We are going to be posting a Beta of Kea 1.5 on November 9th or 10th, and we hope some of you will help us test it.  We are tracking the features targeted at Kea 1.5 in a milestone in Gitlab here: https://gitlab.isc.org/dashboard/milestones/kea15?title=Kea1.5

With the release of Kea 1.5 (planned for early December), we will also be ending support for Kea 1.3. So if you haven’t migrated to Kea 1.4 yet, it is getting to be that time.

Thank you,

Vicky