[Kea-users] Kea conf file quirk

Mike the.lists at mgm51.com
Sun Oct 21 16:53:09 UTC 2018

Kea 1.4.0-P1, built from source on OpenBSD 6.4 amd64

In the keactrl.conf file, I specify the configuration files for the
servers.  Since I use only the dhcp4 and dchp6 servers, I have these
lines in the keactrl.conf:

	kea_dhcp4_config_file=/etc/kea/kea.conf
	kea_dhcp6_config_file=/etc/kea/kea.conf

	dhcp4=yes
	dhcp6=yes
	dhcp_ddns=no
	ctrl_agent=no

When I use keactrl to stop kea, I see this message two times among the
output:

	usage: basename string [suffix]

The two servers (dhcp4 and dhcp6) both shutdown fine, in spite of the
message.

I looked in the keactrl script, and tracked it to the

	get_pid_from_file()

function.

The basename command in this part:

	# Extract the name portion of the config file
	local conf_name=$(basename ${kea_config_file} | cut -f1 -d'.')

causes the message to be displayed because ${kea_config_file} is empty
for the two servers for which I did not specify a configuration file,
i.e., kea-ctrl-agent and kea-dhcp-ddns.

I worked around this quirk by specifying a configuration file for those
two server in keactrl, and everyone is happy.

Maybe the keactrl script should check for this condition?

also... I wanted to enter this into gitlab, but I was not allowed to go
past the CAPTCHA obstacle course when I was trying to register.