[Kea-users] kea pid file

Jason Guy jguy at cumulusnetworks.com
Mon Oct 15 14:50:54 UTC 2018

Hi Jorell,

It is a bad idea to set the local state dir to:
--localstatedir=*/var/run/kea/*

When you reboot, the /var/run is recreated since it is a tempfs directory,
and I found systemd will not recursively create the directories on start.
I had some of these same issues while working on the debian package, so I
thought I would share. However, using */var/run* for PID files is fine.

Cheers,
Jason