[Kea-users] mysql host-reservation without dhcp4|6_subnet_id

sven.roehrig at web.de sven.roehrig at web.de
Mon Nov 12 09:03:11 UTC 2018

Hi,

The host table in mysql backend allows adding a host entry with subnet_id
and ipv4_address set to “NULL”. It looks like one of these must be set to
find a match during lookup. If both are set to “NULL” there will be no match
during lookup.

I´m using shared subnets and would like to select a subnet based on the
class “KNOWN” that is set when a host entry exists. I could not find
documentation about the select query. Does someone knows why I have to set a
subnet_id or IP Address to get a match even when NULL is allowed? Is it
possible to get a match without setting subnet_id or IP?

Thank you in advance

Sven