[Kea-users] Issue building Kea 1.4.0-beta - configure: error: Needs log4cplus library

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Wed May 30 13:23:21 UTC 2018

"Chaigneau, Nicolas" writes:
> Executing configure with the following option :
>
> --with-log4cplus
>
> (directory which contains < include > and < lib > sub-dirs for Log4cplus)
>

> This doesn't seem to work for Kea 1.4.0-beta.
> (It worked with Kea 1.3.0)

=> on which system?

> I get the following output :
>
> checking log4cplus/logger.h usability... yes
> checking log4cplus/logger.h presence... yes
> checking for log4cplus/logger.h... yes
> checking for log4cplus library... no
> configure: error: Needs log4cplus library
>
> Any idea ?

=> look at the config.log where the problem is logged with details.
Note we fixed in the past similar problems and if your compiler is
not C++11 compatible by default you can get spurious warnings
(this is why on my macOS I set the CXX environment variable to
"g++ --std=c++11" in the shell before calling autoreconf and ./configure.

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>