[Kea-users] next-server-address in hooks for UEFI config servers

Gokulakrishnan Gopalakrishnan ggopalakrishnan at salesforce.com
Fri May 25 05:32:33 UTC 2018

Hi,
I'm trying to assign IPs to my servers using Kea 1.3.0. Some of my servers
are UEFI configured ones and those are failing in getting IP.
When I dig deep, I found out that setting "next-server": "192.168.1.1"
manually in kea.conf works fine. I was setting next-server via hooks code
(pasted below).

More interesting thing is, this behavior is not observed for non-UEFI
configured servers. Am I missing something here?

OptionPtr opt;

// Add next server option to packet.
opt = response->getOption(DHO_HOME_AGENT_ADDRS);
if (opt) {
    response->delOption(DHO_HOME_AGENT_ADDRS);
}
opt.reset(new OptionString(Option::V4, DHO_HOME_AGENT_ADDRS,
ipaddress_stdstring));
response->addOption(opt);

Thanks,
Gokul