[Kea-users] [Kea] subnet or shared network selected for multiple relays

Tomek Mrugalski tomasz at isc.org
Fri Jun 22 18:48:34 UTC 2018

Reviving an old thread, hopefully with some good news.

On 24/11/2017 17:46, Chaigneau, Nicolas wrote:
> I would like to configure a subnet shared by multiple relays, i.e. that
> would be chosen for several “giaddr” values.
>
> If I’m not mistaken, this was not possible with the basic “subnet4”
> configuration prior to 1.3.0 (as parameter “relay” does not support a
> list of relays).
>
> Can I achieve that with a shared network in 1.3.0 ?
No, but you can do it in 1.4.0.

The "relay": { "ip-address": "..." } syntax is now deprecated (but don't
worry, it will work for couple releases). A new syntax is as follows:

"relay": {
    "ip-addresses": [ "10.0.0.1" ]
}

This should in principle work for shared networks, but it hasn't been
tested extensively. User reports more than welcome.

> I’ve read Kea admin guide but I’m not sure this is possible just with
> configuration.
The admin guide for 1.4.0 has its examples updated.

Tomek