[Kea-users] timer question in kea 1.3.0

Satish Patel satish.txt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 17:14:51 UTC 2018

I want to set lease timer for 24 Hours and i set ""valid-lifetime":
86400, " in config and restart kea. but also i am seeing lots of other
timers in file so not sure i need to touch them or not?

Please advice if you see anything strange in my timer setting.

We have following setting in config related timers.

  "expired-leases-processing": {
        "reclaim-timer-wait-time": 10,
        "flush-reclaimed-timer-wait-time": 25,
        "hold-reclaimed-time": 3600,
        "max-reclaim-leases": 100,
        "max-reclaim-time": 250,
        "unwarned-reclaim-cycles": 5
    },

    // Global timers specified here apply to all subnets, unless there are
    // subnet specific values defined in particular subnets.
    "renew-timer": 900,
    "rebind-timer": 1800,
    "valid-lifetime": 86400,