[Kea-users] REST calls 'config-set'

Tomek Mrugalski tomasz at isc.org
Thu Jul 26 12:51:10 UTC 2018

On 26.07.2018 01:35, Phoebe Lee wrote:
> When issuing the 'config-set' rest API command to the CA to write new
> configurations to our server, is there a method of retrieving the new
> configurations (written by the rest-api)?
>
> After issuing a 'config-set' we are not able to issue a 'config-get' as
> it says that our server may be offline.
If the config you pushed using config-set doesn't have a control-socket
entry in it or it's configured to a different path than your CA has
configured, you can shut yourself off.

If that's not the issue here, what does the kea log say?

Details available in Section 8.9 of the Kea User's Guide:
https://kea.isc.org/docs/kea-guide.html#dhcp4-ctrl-channel

Also, have you tried to call config-get first and then pushing back the
same config?

Tomek