[Kea-users] Reservation database equivalent of `always-send: true' ?

Owen Dunn osd1000 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jul 18 09:29:45 UTC 2018

Hi, I have a postgres reservation database with kea 1.3.  My
dhcp.dhcp4_options table works but I don't seem able to force kea always
to send an option even if not requested by the client.  In the static
config you'd use "always-send: true" for this.

My understanding from https://kea.isc.org/wiki/HostReservationDesign is
that this is achieved by setting "persistent" to true, but even with data
like:

  option_id | code |   value    |              formatted_value               | space | persistent | dhcp_client_class | dhcp4_subnet_id | host_id | scope_id
       5236 |  209 |            | spong/wibble                               | dhcp4 | t          |                   |               9 |    3160 |        3

I don't seem to get the option sent always.

Any clues?

Thanks,

Owen