[Kea-users] (no subject)

Jason Guy jguy at cumulusnetworks.com
Fri Jan 12 16:11:25 UTC 2018

Hi Francis,

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 6:15 PM, Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org> wrote:

> Jason Guy writes:
> > I do not see any documentation for specifying parameters this way, or
> what
> > specifically needs to be entered into the row to utilize this. Any
> > information or pointers on how to do this would be helpful.
>
> => there is a documentation somewhere but I don't remember where it is...
> I am afraid it is only for one of the 2 SQL backends but it works in fact
> for both (Cassandra is another thing and this afternoon it did not support
> host reservation :-).

I currently have mysql, but if postgres is required for this, I would
switch backends
if necessary, since I am currently planning to redeploy the services in the
network.
I will read the docs again and see what I can find.

> > I don't want to
> > define my host reservations in the configuration file, but I understand
> if
> > I have to define the client class before referencing it in the database.
>
> => at the exception of built-in classes when a class is not defined
> it does nothing and it raises a warning when option values are
> computed (the idea is to help when the class name was mistyped).
> So it is not a formal requirement to define classes but it does not
> make sense to not define them...

This does makes sense. I was not sure what exactly is entered in the column
for a given
host reservation. I assumed it was just a class name defined globally or
under the
subnet. For the other fields  (next_server, hostname, or boot_file_name), I
would
expect to simply enter the option data expected (ipv4 address or ascii
string).

Thanks!
Jason