[Kea-users] Changing Option 1 subnet mask to "manual"

Paiva, Gilson de gilson.paiva at el.com.br
Wed Jan 10 17:52:30 UTC 2018

Hi, Kea Users list members.

We've been using Mikrotik RouterOS as a DHCP server for a while now and
we're searching for alternatives since we want to expand our network... Kea
would be perfect since we 100% can integrate our backend applications to
feed data to it on its SQL tables and so on...

As an ISP we want to keep on giving our GPON clients addresses belonging to
a wider network but on /32 leases and so far we haven't been able to
achieve this since Kea automatically calculates the lease subnet mask from
the "parent" subnet and send it as option 1... We even thought of trying to
hack its code to forcibly give only 255.255.255.255 option 1 value no
matter which network length we are using but we gave up fearing we could
break something else... and admittedly we lack knowledge on coding...
Nothing related could be found in this list archives or documentation...

Is there any way this could be achieved?

We're using Kea 1.2.0 and our lab is as simple as below:

  "subnet4": [
        {
            "subnet": "192.168.0.0/24",
            "pools": [ { "pool": "192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.200" }],

            "option-data": [
                {
                    "name": "routers",
                    "data": "192.168.0.254"