[Kea-users] Why aren't remote-id, circuit-id, and interface-id treated the same for v4 and v6?

Tim Howe tim.h at bendtel.com
Tue Jan 9 17:41:23 UTC 2018

After sleeping on it, I think I have come to the (rather contrived)
conclusion that where it would be normal practice to assign a single IP
from a shared connecting range with IPv4, it is often expected that each
subscriber actually be assigned a unique connecting range.  Thereby
making these things equivalent by expected convention(?)

	It feels a bit messy putting all those subnets on the L3
interface, but at least I probably don't need to have them all resident
on the DHCP server's interface since the link local addresses should
handle that (I think).

--TimH