[Kea-users] circuit-id?

Jason Lixfeld jason-kea at lixfeld.ca
Fri Jan 5 23:34:04 UTC 2018

> On Jan 5, 2018, at 6:20 PM, Tim Howe <tim.h at bendtel.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 5 Jan 2018 15:03:31 -0800
> Tim Howe <tim.h at bendtel.com> wrote:
>
>> 2018-01-05 14:36:59.034 DEBUG [kea-dhcp4.hosts/90659] HOSTS_CFG_GET_ONE_SUBNET_ID_IDENTIFIER get one host with IPv4 reservation for subnet id 1, identified by circuit-id=332F322F312F
>
> 	Oh geez...  I see now that this is the raw ascii in HEX that
> must be sent by the OLT but missing the vlan id, which it apparently
> isn't picking up.

Are you sure that the OLT is sending the VLAN?  Or are you saying that you know the OLT isn’t sending the VLAN, and we should move on from that part? :)

> 	Convenient...  Is there some way to make it interpret the ascii?

Not that I know of.  Even though the documentation seems to suggest otherwise, I’ve only ever been able to make it work by converting the known option 82 ascii into hex and inputing that.  Although to be fair, I use the flex-id hook, and PostgreSQL to store the host entries, not the config file, but I’m sure those things are insignificant differences.