[Kea-users] DHCP Classes Kea Configuration

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Thu Dec 6 15:08:10 UTC 2018

"Jordan Tinsley" writes:
> Yes, this is DHCPv4.  Sorry I forgot to include that.  How do I include
> multiple client-classes in a subnet?  Would I just separate each
> client-class with a comma?

=> in Kea subnet and pool guards are a single class (vs allow / deny
lists in ISC DHCP). If you want a complex expression we have to use
the "member('foo')" expression which evals to true when the packet
belongs to the client class 'foo'. With this you can combine classes
into a boolean expression and use the result class as the guard.
 The only constraint is in the order of classes: you can check class
membership only in a class which is known i.e. in the general case
is defined before.

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>

PS: note this can't be backported to ISC DHCP because it has a hard
limit to 5 classes for a packet and of course if the Kea feature is
IMHO easier / clearer it can add a great number of classes to a packet.
 About performance I don't believe there is a big difference one way
or the other.