[Kea-users] Kea and High Availability (Pacemaker / Corosync)

Sutherland, Robert Robert.B.Sutherland at windstream.com
Tue Aug 14 18:53:29 UTC 2018

Hello all,

Here's a switch: I'm not looking for assistance! I just want to share what I've learned.

I've been prototyping Kea (1.3 and now moving to 1.4) with the following configuration:

  *   SuSE Linux Enterprise Server (version 12 and now 15)
  *   Pacemaker / Corosync as a high-availability framework in a two-node cluster
  *   Postgresql to store leases (in a replicated master/slave configuration)

The setup worked very well. The one downside I experienced had to do with leases and subnets. If a subnet is removed, active leases are not automatically removed from the database. Perhaps the behavior is different in 1.4 (I just finished creating the RPMs).

If anyone is interested in any of the configuration, send me an email.

Cheers,

Rob

Rob Sutherland
Senior Product Developer - silhouette R&D | Windstream
Robert.B.Sutherland at windstream.com<mailto:Robert.B.Sutherland at windstream.com> | broadviewnet.com
p: 613-280-2008 (Canada)
p: 973-848-8811 (US)