[Kea-users] DHCP Offer Decline to UEFI Configured host

Thomas Andersen than at itu.dk
Mon Apr 16 09:01:35 UTC 2018

Hi Gokul,

Are you on KEA 1.0? We were and had the same problem.
In my case, the issue lied in KEA 1.0 was responding with unicast no matter what the client requested.

UEFI is a lot more strict in terms to getting reply as requested, otherwise it will ignore the DHCP packets. It is requesting broadcast, but get a unicast response, which from UEFI point of view is malformed.

Updating to KEA 1.3 fixed the issue for us. We then wrote a hook that can enforce unicast replies on certain subnets.

Br,
Thomas