[Kea-users] Configuring kea for relayed subnets *not* on its own interface's address

Victoria Risk vicky at isc.org
Wed Sep 13 17:28:35 UTC 2017

> There a translation tool to migrate ISC DHCP configs to Kea?

Jason-

Francis has done some work to create a version of ISC DHCP that can parse an ISC DHCP configuration and save it as an equivalent Kea configuration. This is a moving target obviously, as we keep finding and plugging holes in the migration, differences between the products.

Our current plan is to post it on a web page, so people can upload their configurations and get a translated version back - part of the idea is that this way, we would be able to find out what ISC DHCP features are missing or untranslatable to Kea.  However, we don’t have anyone who has the time to create this web service until after we get Kea 1.3 ready for release. Also - we think many current ISC DHCP configurations will require support for shared subnets, which is included in Kea 1.3, hence planning to launch this once we have 1.3.

If anyone on the list has suggestions for a better way to do this, I am interested!

Regards,

Vicky Risk
Product Manager