[Kea-users] Configuring kea for relayed subnets *not* on its own interface's address

Jeff Kletsky kea-dhcp at allycomm.com
Wed Sep 13 14:21:08 UTC 2017

Thanks for the confirmation that "relay" is the intended way to approach
this.

I don't seem to be able configure more than one relay *address* per
subnet though.  The ip-address string only seems to accept a single
address, not a CIDR- or dashed-range. If I try repeated relay
statements, I end up with "failed to select a subnet for incoming
packet" for all of the relays.

Is there a way to accept multiple relays for a given subnet declaration?

The notion of "positive" and "negative" selectors could use some
clarification in the documentation. Without being immersed in the code,
human-language versions of the clauses seem about the same:

* Client must arrive on an interface with an address in the subnet
* Client must belong to the given client-class

Thanks,

Jeff