[Kea-users] kea-dhcp-ddns question

Alexey Kasatikov alexey.kasatikov at cxense.com
Thu Sep 7 11:44:16 UTC 2017

Hello, I'm trying to start using kea-dhcp in my little network and have a
little question, actually two, to be honest. I will appreciate for any
answers.

1. Seems like I can't use kea-dhcp-ddns to update my DNS entries in Route
53 (since Route 53 doesn't support any ddns). Is it possible to use
external scripts with kea-dhcp-ddns as in-between solution?
2. How can I see any statistic about using ip addresses? At this moment I
use mysql as a backend for leases and it's not very informative - ip
address is stored as integer and  mac-address as binary. Seems like there
will be a big update with new version of kea that will allow us to use
additional API functions to collect such information. But maybe there is
some trick I can use right now?

Thanks in advice :-)

--

Alexey Kasatikov

Engineer

Phone:+7 917 107-19-76 <+7%20937%20794-75-09>

[image: Cxense Logo] <http://cxense.com/?cx_emailSig>

We're hiring!Join the Cxense team
<https://www.cxense.com/about-us/work-for-us?cx_navSource=emailSig>

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential
and is the property of Cxense ASA or its subsidiaries. It is intended only
for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy,
disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you
receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete all copies of this message.