[Kea-users] Kea Option 125

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Wed Sep 6 12:09:52 UTC 2017

There is a comment saying:

/// @todo We need to extend support for vendor options with ability to specify
/// multiple enterprise numbers for a single option. Perhaps it would be
/// ok to specify multiple instances of the "vivso-suboptions" which will be
/// combined in a single option by the server before responding to a client.

I remember to have create a ticket to address this (#3877) with this
comment: IMHO multiple enterprise vivso's are pretty uncommon so
I recommend to wait for a good reason (e.g., customer request) to
address this.

Note (and this is true for any option) you have a work-around by using
a binary value: "csv-format": false, "data": "0123456789abcdef".

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>

PS: I can translate your ISC DHCP config into Kea but it won't change
the fact that multiple enterprises are not supported in Kea.
PPS: 3877 is in Kea 1.x milestone.