[Kea-users] Subdividing a subnet based on class

Sutherland, Rob Robert.B.Sutherland at windstream.com
Tue Nov 21 20:04:55 UTC 2017

The reason why I'm looking to this has to do with ISC DHCPd behavior (aside: I'm sure that you are tired of hearing "But that's what DHCPd does!"). Consider this example of DHCP configuration from a production server:

   subnet 10.64.5.0 netmask 255.255.255.0
   {
      # This is the main IP address for the router
      option routers 10.64.5.1;
      # Start Site DHCP Options
      option time-offset -18000;
      option domain-name-servers 10.64.0.141;
      option ntp-servers 10.64.0.118;
      # End Site DHCP Options
      pool
      {
         range 10.64.5.26 10.64.5.200;
         allow members of "phones";
      }
      pool
      {
         range 10.64.5.202 10.64.5.242;
         deny members of "phones";
      }
   }

The subnet (10.64.5.0/24) is subdivided (arbitrarily) into separate pools. Is there a way of getting comparable behaviour from Kea?

Thanks,

Rob