[Kea-users] Issue handling Kea log file rotation with logrotate (Kea 1.2.0)

Joelson Vendramin jtvendramin at yahoo.com.br
Thu Nov 16 11:07:08 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm using this configuration and it's running fine:

>>> lines at end of logrotate.conf
(...)
/usr/local/var/log/kea-dhcp?.log {
    compress
    postrotate
        /usr/local/sbin/keactrl reload
    endscript
}

System:
- Slackware Linux (slackware64-14.2)
- Kernel 4.4.14

- Logrotate package: logrotate-3.8.9-x86_64-1
- Kea 1.2.0 compiled from source files (tar.gz)

--
Joelson Vendramin

________________________________
De: "Chaigneau, Nicolas" <nicolas.chaigneau at capgemini.com>
Para: "Chaigneau, Nicolas" <nicolas.chaigneau at capgemini.com>; "kea-users at lists.isc.org" <kea-users at lists.isc.org>
Enviadas: Quinta-feira, 16 de Novembro de 2017 6:57
Assunto: Re: [Kea-users] Issue handling Kea log file rotation with    logrotate    (Kea 1.2.0)

A few more detail:

This worked fine before (with the same logrotate configuration), with:
- Kea 0.9.1
- RHEL 6.4

The issue now appears with:
- Kea 1.2.0
- RHEL 7.1

Should I open a ticket for this ? (I'm not sure the problem is with Kea, maybe it's logrotate...)