[Kea-users] Issue with Kea logging of LFC execution (Kea 1.2.0)

Chaigneau, Nicolas nicolas.chaigneau at capgemini.com
Thu Nov 16 09:19:27 UTC 2017

Wait... when I restarted the server, I got logs again... before the shutdown!
So logging actually still worked. I just didn't have anything being logged.

2017-11-15 17:20:45.551 INFO  [kea-dhcp4.dhcp4/29754] DHCP4_SHUTDOWN server shutdown
2017-11-15 17:20:47.603 INFO  [kea-dhcp4.dhcp4/28141] DHCP4_STARTING Kea DHCPv4 server version 1.2.0 starting

The only logs I normally have in Kea logs is LFC execution every 10 minutes:

2017-11-16 02:10:47.617 INFO  [kea-dhcp4.dhcpsrv/28141] DHCPSRV_MEMFILE_LFC_START starting Lease File Cleanup
2017-11-16 02:10:47.617 INFO  [kea-dhcp4.dhcpsrv/28141] DHCPSRV_MEMFILE_LFC_EXECUTE executing Lease File Cleanup  (...)

I don't have these logs anymore after some time.
So... either LFC is no longer executed after a while, or Kea stops writing these log messages ?