[Kea-users] Help - Making HTTPS Call from Kea Hook Library

Gokulakrishnan Gopalakrishnan ggopalakrishnan at salesforce.com
Thu Jun 15 15:42:57 UTC 2017

Hi,
I'm exploring Kea 1.2.0 and its example Hook Library user_chk. I've built
Kea with Boost 1.48, OpenSSL 1.0.1. My requirement is to make a HTTPS GET
Call from the user_chk library. I'm using this
<http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_48_0/doc/html/boost_asio/example/ssl/client.cpp>
example
for making HTTPS Call using boost. While starting the server, I'm getting
error loading user_chk lib (*undefined Symbol: SSL_library_unit*). When I
searched around this error, the suggestion
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21531504/boost-asio-ssl-throwing-undefined-reference-error>
was
to build the library with "-lcrypto - lssl". I'm bit confused on how to
change the Makefile to build the library using these two libs. I'm
observing that -lcrypto is already added to Makefile (CRYPTO_LIBS). Even I
tried changing CRYPTO_LIBS = -lcrypto -lssl in the Makefile of user_chk/
but no change observed. Can someone help me in getting rid of the error?

Thanks in advance,
Gokul