[Kea-users] Slightly OT ... trying to debug a Kea/iPXE/tftpd issue ...

Klaus Steden klausfiend at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 10:11:09 UTC 2017

Hi there,

I realize that this isn't strictly speaking a Kea DHCP issue, but I thought
I'd ask anyway in hopes someone else may have seen what I'm seeing.

Basically, it looks like the onboard NIC firmware is getting confused while
talking to the tftpd server, so it abruptly stops reading the iPXE boot
file that Kea tells it to fetch.

It's a newer machine with an Intel 10 GigE NIC, so I suspect it's probably
some firmware quirk or compatibility issue, but it's definitely got me
scratching my head. It basically looks like this issue, but that of course
is 2+ years old.

http://forum.ipxe.org/showthread.php?tid=7356

Sorry for the spam, just hoping I might find someone else who's run into
this before.

cheers,
Klaus