[Kea-users] using sql expression in client classification

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Tue Jul 18 11:57:03 UTC 2017

Alvin Chiu writes:
> Can I use sql expression in client classification?

=> this requires a hook (as anything not depending on the query packet)

> So, using sql expression in client classification is a best way to do it,
> or could you provide any other method?

=> use client classification is usually the best way, now Kea classification
relies only on the query packet so if another parameter is needed
a hook is required (note it is a common case so there are already
some examples. Unfortunately the idea to join a contributed hook library
with Kea sources is still only an idea).

Thanks

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>