[Kea-users] fe80::

Jason Guy jguy at cumulusnetworks.com
Wed Jul 12 16:56:34 UTC 2017

Fred,

It looks like you are referring to RFC 6939 (Client Link-Layer Address
Option). Looks like the sequence of events for this are nicely shown here
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DHCPv6#RFC_6939_-_Client_Link-Layer_Address_Option>.
This means Kea would need to listen to the FF02::1:2, All-dhcp-agents
multicast address defined in RFC3315. So the client will need to send to
this address as well. I have never tried this, but perhaps this specific
feature is not yet supported in Kea.

Cheers,
Jason

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 12:44 PM, Templin, Fred L <Fred.L.Templin at boeing.com