[Kea-users] Option-82-based reservation with remote-id

Tomek Mrugalski tomasz at isc.org
Tue Jan 31 19:06:43 UTC 2017

W dniu 31.01.2017 o 18:28, Rui Pedro Caldeira pisze:
> Hello, I'm using Kea 1.1.0 and i need to make reservations based in the
> both option-82 parameters, circuit-id and remote-id.

> I already know how to place the circuit id in the config file, but there
> is no place to place the remote id. Can anyone help me?
That's because reservations done by remote-id are not supported yet in
DHCPv4. In DHCPv6 you can try a trick - configure mac sources to use
remote-id. This will treat remote-id as MAC and then you can make a
reservation by hw-address (which would really be remote-id value). This
mechanism is available in DHCPv6 only.

Please let me know how badly you need this capability.

Tomek