[Kea-users] Kea and mysql disconnection

Samuel Hameau samuel.hameau at withings.com
Mon Jan 2 09:27:44 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am using Kea with a mysql cluster of 2 master/master nodes using mysql
replication (not a nbd cluster) for leases and hosts reservation.

For mysql failover, I am using  a virtual IP balanced between the 2 mysql
nodes.
Everytime the virtual IP moves to the other host, i got a fatal error, and
kea stops running with that kind of error :

DHCPSRV_MYSQL_FATAL_ERROR Unrecoverable MySQL error occurred: unable to
> execute for <DELETE FROM lease4 WHERE state = ? AND expire < ?>, reason:
> Lost connection to MySQL server during query (error code: 2013). Server
> exiting now!

Would it be possible to modify this behavior to make kea retry to connect
to the mysql server a few times before dying ?

Previously, i have also tried tu use haproxy with one mysql server being
active, and the 2nd one being in backup : I had the same problem when
restarting haproxy/ or changing the active mysql server in haproxy.

Best regards,
Samuel