[Kea-users] LFC only working occasionally

Matt Smith matt.xtaz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 17:56:06 UTC 2017

Hi, I am using Kea 1.1.0 on FreeBSD 11.0 amd64. It works fine for both
DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 however I am having a strange issue with the LFC
cleanup. I have the lease file configured as follows in both the v4 and
v6 sections:

"lease-database": {
"type": "memfile",
"persist": true,
"name": "/var/db/kea/dhcp4.leases",
"lfc-interval": 43200
},

What I see happen is that LFC either works a few times and then just
stops working completely, or it will only do either 4 or 6 and not both.

For example if I start the server at 00:00 I will see something like
this in the kea.log:

06:00 starting v4 LFC
06:00 starting v6 LFC
12:00 starting v4 LFC
18:00 starting v4 LFC
00:00 starting v4 LFC
06:00 starting v4 LFC
two days later I've noticed that it hasn't run either for the last two
days. Restart kea and a similar pattern will repeat. It's random,
sometimes it will stop doing v4, sometimes v6, sometimes both.

I've tried changing the interval to be much shorter, 3600. This seems to
keep it running for a bit longer, but the same thing eventually happens.

Is this a known bug that I'm experiencing?

--
Matt