[Kea-users] kea-dhcp6 option 18 and 37 logging

Tomek Mrugalski tomasz at isc.org
Fri Feb 10 19:59:53 UTC 2017

W dniu 01.02.2017 o 09:49, Torbjörn Eklöv pisze:
> I have tested to set debug level to 45 and up to 65 on ”*” ,
> ”kea-dhcp6” and ”kea-dhcp6.packets” but I can’t see the remote-id in
> the log. In a tcpdump I can see both option 18 and 37 but I can’t see
> them in the log.
That issue (http://kea.isc.org/ticket/5131) is now fixed. When used
debuglevel 45 or greater, Kea will now log all the relay options. That
includes remote-id, interface-id and whatever else the relay may have
sent. Note that there may be a lot of data. This change is available on
github.

We have also updated our forensic logging library. Here's the ChangeLog
entry for it:

  Forensic logs library now prints remote-id and subscriber-id
  values from the DHCPv6 relay closest to the client. Interface-id
  from DHCPv6 relay is now printed, if present. Subscriber-id added
  by DHCPv4 relay is now printed, if present.

This change is available for subscribers only.

Tomek