[Kea-users] Combining config files

Tomek Mrugalski tomasz at isc.org
Mon Feb 6 22:05:59 UTC 2017

On 06/02/17 22:02, Thomas Markwalder wrote:
> On 2/6/17 3:38 PM, James Sumners wrote:
> Kea 1.2, due out this April, will support an include directive.  We have
> refactored the configuration parsing and the directive was one of the
> enhancements made. You will also be able to use C++ style comments and
> they won't have to start in column one anymore either ;)
Yes, both C (/* */) and C++ (//) comments are now supported. The C-style
comments can span multiple lines. May be useful for commenting out
blocks of the config. Bash comments (#) are still supported, but they're
probably less convenient to use as they technically break JSON
compliance and some editors get confused with them.

>     https://jenkins.isc.org/job/Kea_doc/guide/kea-guide.html#json
>
> The code is available in our public repo on git hub if you want to try
> it out:
>
>     https://github.com/isc-projects/kea
Our internal tests show that the new code work fine, but please keep in
mind that the code from git may not be super stable. Also, if you
encounter any issues, please report them.

Tomek