[Kea-users] Combining config files

Thomas Markwalder tmark at isc.org
Mon Feb 6 21:02:29 UTC 2017

On 2/6/17 3:38 PM, James Sumners wrote:

> Not from what I see in the source code. But if you use something like
> Ansible then you can template the config and do such things.
>

> From: Sean McMurray <sean at mvtel.com> <mailto:sean at mvtel.com>
> Date: February 6, 2017 at 2:58:08 PM
> To: kea-users at lists.isc.org <kea-users at lists.isc.org>
> <mailto:kea-users at lists.isc.org>
> Subject: [Kea-users] Combining config files
>
>> Does kea have a mechanism for including files within a configuration?
>> Something similar to the include directive of isc dhcpd?
>>
>> I realize that isn't part of JSON, but then again, neither are comments.

Kea 1.2, due out this April, will support an include directive.  We have
refactored the configuration parsing and the directive was one of the
enhancements made. You will also be able to use C++ style comments and
they won't have to start in column one anymore either ;)

    https://jenkins.isc.org/job/Kea_doc/guide/kea-guide.html#json

The code is available in our public repo on git hub if you want to try
it out:

    https://github.com/isc-projects/kea

Sincerely,

Thomas K. Markwalder