[Kea-users] log the dhcp options the client requests

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Mon Dec 18 13:47:30 UTC 2017

Munroe Sollog writes:
> I have this in our old dhcpd config file and I'd like to replicate
> something like this in kea.  Any idea how to do such a thing?

=> not yet (cf #5271: as it is a low priority MA ticket this means
it was noted as something we can do in Kea if we need ideas).
Of course you can log the request details (but not only PRL / ORO)
or write a hook doing this (it is possible the log statement will be
implemented as a hook). Note you can post a feature request (or
wrote the hook code and make a pull request for it on github).

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>

PS: I have in the review queue a ticket which adds (as a side effect)
a contrib directory in configure.ac so next year IMHO we'll be able
to resume the idea to provide a contrib sub module / distribution.