[Kea-users] bind kea to non-local IP

James Sumners JamesSumners at clayton.edu
Thu Dec 14 14:43:35 UTC 2017

The only server I have with macOS is a local caching proxy for App Store things. I couldn’t even begin to tell you what it supports in this regard.

On December 14, 2017 at 9:31:34 AM, Francis Dupont (fdupont at isc.org<mailto:fdupont at isc.org>) wrote:

My concern is simple: it is not in the standard and it defeats the common
code which scans interfaces to get all the addresses a network server may
individually bind to. Now to be frank IMHO a feature which allows to bind
to any address is basically a bit dangerous...

Now if you still think that UCARP is a good way to provide redundant
DHCP service I propose to mark these addresses as virtual and of course
we'll need the way to allow them on all supported (and unsupported when
the feature exists) systems (BTW what is it for macOS? Officially UCARP
is supported on it). Same for VRRP.

Thanks

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>