[Kea-users] Kea logging

Munroe Sollog mus3 at lehigh.edu
Tue Dec 5 14:35:29 UTC 2017

I'm using this document as reference:

http://kea.isc.org/docs/kea-messages.html#messages

When it comes to DHCP the decades-old process has long been understood as
DORA or DORG

Discover, Offer, Request/Renew, Acknowledge/Grant

Looking at my logs and the above website, it looks like the ISC has
abandoned these words and replaced them with things like 'LEASE_ALLOC" and
"LEASE_ADVERT" and "INIT_REBOOT".  I have not been able to find an
equivalent message for discover yet.

As a system/network administrator, I found it incredibly useful to be able
to follow the DORA process in the logs, especially when troubleshooting a
problem.

Am I missing a configuration parameter that might restore some of this
functionality?

--
Munroe Sollog
Senior Network Engineer