[Kea-users] Kea LFC not executed anymore after some time (Kea 1.2.0) + other timers

Mike the.lists at mgm51.com
Mon Dec 4 16:27:49 UTC 2017

On 12/4/2017 5:02 AM, Francis Dupont wrote:
> I have to verify in the code but it seems to be the result of a lost
> signal... BTW there is a known race in signal handling with at least
> a ticket (#4068), if we are lucky it could be enough to address it.
>
> Regards
>
> Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>
>
> PS: strace (Linux), ktrace (BSD), dtrace (Solaris), etc, allow to get
> all system calls and signals but I am afraid it leads to huge files.

It may or may not be relevant, but I've seen the message

kea: ERROR [kea-dhcp4.dhcpsrv]
DHCPSRV_MEMFILE_LFC_UNREGISTER_TIMER_FAILED failed to unregister timer
'memfile-lfc': unable to unregister non existing timer 'memfile-lfc'

in the past.   Could the lack of a timer be the reason I don't see LFC run?

I posted a message about it here:

https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/kea-users/2016-February/000228.html

but two replies later, I got the comment back:

===
At the very brief glance this issue is mostly harmless. The issue is
about failure to unregister a timer. Since the server is being shut
down, the timer will not triggered anyway.
===

Which I thought was a bit odd because there was no curiosity about the
reason why a timer that should be running was not running.