[Kea-users] Client Classification options and subnet options

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Thu Aug 31 13:23:25 UTC 2017

Jason Salmans writes:
> Yes, I have several client-classes defined (let's say Class A, Class B, Cla=
> ss C, etc.) and I'm going to have multiple subnets defined (Subnet 1, Subne=
> t 2, etc).  The vast majority of my clients probably won't be classified at=
>  all so let's say they'll get Subnet 2.  Subnet 1 is the special and I'd li=
> ke Classes A, B, and C to all get IP addresses from Subnet 1.  I figure I c=
> ould condense all of them down to one client class and have a really large =
> test statement with a number of "or" operators but it seemed kind of messy =
> to do it that way and breaking them out into different classes allows more =
> options in the future if I need to assign special values of any kind.

=> yes, you either need a big "or" or to wait for the shared network
feature (we are discuting about it but it is in still in requirement/
early design phase so won't be available soon).

> I was assuming it would be something like "test": "option[55].hex =
> '1,3,7,43'"

=> equal is == (vs =) and the hexadecimal value of the option matches
better a hexadecimal litteral so it is more "option[55].hex == 0x0103072B".

> This loads correctly on service start but I don't think I've gotten it to
> successfully match to a client yet.

=> you can debug the classification evaluation.

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>