[Kea-users] kea dhcp4 libmysqlclient segfault

Thomas Markwalder tmark at isc.org
Fri Aug 18 11:32:24 UTC 2017

On 8/18/17 5:27 AM, palica wrote:
> Hi, we have same problem. Mysql is on external server. During mysql backup,
> service mysql is stopped and after few secconds (10-15sec) is started again.
> Other servers working with this mysql server connect and works.
>
> Only Kea server hangs with segfault error. I need to restart Kea process to
> have it working again.

Hello Palica:

Can you provide a core file or backtrace?  Your issue may or may not be
the same as Juan's problem. His crash seems to be occurring during host
reservation look up.  Are you using MySQL to store host reservations?
The more information you can provide the better.  If any of it is
sensitive you can email it to me directly.

What the Kea should do, when DB connectivity loss is detected, is to
gracefully exit with an error.  We have connectivity recovery slated for
an upcoming release.

Regards,

Thomas Markwalder

ISC Software Engineering