[Kea-users] IP lease based only on host reservation database

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Wed Apr 19 21:08:09 UTC 2017

Stas Starikevich writes:
> > > Can someone suggest a way to serve only white-listed (with host
> > reservation) clients?
> > > I.e. if client is not in the 'hosts' table then it shouldn't not get any
> > leases (and boot from the HDD, but not from PXE).
> >
> > => did you try with no pool?
>
> Can you please provide more details about this with config examples?

 "subnet4": [
   {
      "subnet": "192.168.0.0/24",
      "reservations": [ ... ]
   } ],

As far as I know the only required parameter in a subnet is the
"subnet" range. Pools are not required and without a pool there is no
available address so only known hosts which have a reservation can
get an address. This is a theory, i.e. you have to try it, but on
the paper it does exactly what you want.

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>