[Kea-users] Wrong values in Kea statistics

Thomas Markwalder tmark at isc.org
Wed Apr 19 12:07:38 UTC 2017

Hello Malcom:

As per my private replies to you, we have identified the issue.   As a
matter of expediency, I have created a ticket for your issue:

   http://kea.isc.org/ticket/5247#ticket

and we are working into our Kea 1.2 release which is in beta now.  Code
freeze for final is Monday.  We felt this issue warranted a fix
forthwith.  You'll need to register:

http://kea.isc.org/register

to view the ticket.

To recap the issue:   The v4 server does not increment assigned-leases
when expired leases are renewed (same client) or reused (different
client).  Since we decrement assigned-leases each time we expire a lease
(as we should), the assigned-leases stat becomes incorrect with the
first reissue of an expired lease.

Based on that stats you provided, it looks like client leases expire
pretty frequently in your environment as your reclaim-leases stat is
quite large.

Additionally testing shows  a similar error in v6 assigned-nas
assigned-pds stats.  This will be corrected under the same ticket.

Regards,

Thomas Markwalder