[Kea-users] PXE booting to PHP file and on commit, release, expiry

Christoffer Jönsson bonchen at imap.cc
Mon Sep 12 18:57:23 UTC 2016

Hello again!

Since the 1.1 release i decided to try and migrate from isc-dhcp. And
there is a few things I have questions about.

For years I have been using a python script to feed my PowerDNS it's
records using this:

on commit {
                 set ClientIP = binary-to-ascii(10, 8, ".", leased-address);
                 set ClientMac = binary-to-ascii(16, 8, ":",
substring(hardware, 1, 6));
                 log(concat("Commit: IP: ", ClientIP, " Mac: ",
ClientMac, "Hostname: ", option host-name));
                 execute("/etc/pdns/dhcp-event", "commit", ClientIP,
ClientMac, option host-name);
}

Is it still possible to call and external script?

At the same time I've been using a php file that loads the designated
boot menu for the booted mac-address:

subnet 10.0.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
[...]

if not exists gpxe.bus-id {
     filename "undionly.kpxe";
} else {
     filename "http://10.0.0.9/tftp/boot.php";
}
[...]
}

I'm not sure I can still use this line of code?

Thanks in advance!